Thursday, May 26, 2016

Kingdom Of God

Kirk Carter@ Chew Bear Productions@ Copyright 2016





KINGDOM OF GOD



The accident just happened, I was still on the scene;
My body was crumpled, felt like a dream.
Some car blew a red light, as I was crusing through;
Had a second to respond, just nothing I could do!

The Paramedics worked to save me, as I hovered overhead;
They were shaking their heads, they knew that I was dead...
Then everything went white, then I was in this room;
Everyone looking clueless, they were all in a gloom.

One by one they called them in;
Has anything started, did anything end?
Then I was ushered up, time to face the song;
Hope I answered all the questions, didn't get anything wrong?

The Parishioner's were going through a file, it had on it my name;
Was this my accomplishments, or was this my file of shame?
All I heard was some mumbling, shaking heads, a "Well, let's see!";
So I asked, "How does it look, what does it mean to me?"

"Well, wou got a strike when you kicked the Cat, stole from someone named Pat,
And hit a Boy with the end of a Bat!"
They could no longer wait, the verdict was in;
"Looks like you waited to the last moment, to be resolved of your sin!"

And I cried, "Does it count, does my repent have clout?"
"Because without God, I might not make it out!"
The Parishioner's chuckled, a smile to their eyes;
"For you the truth...the Bluest of Skies!"

"It's only our purpose, to make sure that your ready";
"Your sins were meager, your trials were petty..."
"And so be Blessed, your going to Heaven, we give you the nod";
"To spend your eternity, in the Kingdom Of God!"




                                      Kirk Carter
                                  5/3/2016

No comments:

Post a Comment